Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Morris Minor, Northern Ireland


This is quite an old photo, taken on a business trip to Northern Ireland probably 10 years ago. I can't remember exactly where I was at the time.
The camera was my OM-1n (still in use and is a fantastic manual camera to use) with a 28mm lens.
The image for scanning was printed on Ilford MG resin coated but I have since made some 12X16 fibre prints for hanging.
I rediscovered the negative the other day when pottering around in my darkroom looking for some "new" (ones I have,'t had a go at printing) negatives to print when I came across this and visualised it as a 12X16 fibre print hanging in the hall way.
The photo was partially bleached until the highlights were just about affected, washing with clean water then halts further bleaching.
I made up a mix of warm brown "sepia" tona to tone the highlights only - the toner works by replacing the bleached image tones.
A 10% solution of selenium toner bath then deepened the shadows slightly.
If you like any of the images you see on this blog and would like me to produce a 12X16 fibre print for you just drop me a line.
All for now

No comments: