Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dance Medals #1

Following on from where I left off , here is another example of a totally unplanned and natural portrait of my Daughter waiting in the wings to go on stage and perform a routine in front of a Judge.
As usual I had my Olympus Trip with me and frankly was not really expecting to be able to record anything as the light levels were so poor and I certainly wouldn't consider flash. I noticed the girls standing by a big, North facing window and hovered over tp them, Georgia is used to being photographed by me so largely ignored me. I pressed the shutter as the image before me "developed", I knew the other girls would be out of focus as the Trip struggled under the poor lighting conditions.
The film developer I used is very good at recording delicate highlights and I am really happy with the resultant image of light falling onto the shoulder.

The more I think about it, 35mm, basic camera with me at all times has to be the way forward as I could never have set up this image.

No comments: