Monday, December 21, 2009

We were camping in Brittany during the Summer, the weather wasn't great but the campsite backed on to the sea/river confluence and offered endlesss opportunities to make photographs.
Most gays I carried my Olympus 35RC rangefinder camera (see earlier post) loaded with a reasonably fast film - typically Fuji Neopan 400 - but on this occasion I had my 1970 Olympus OM1 with its 135mm prime lens. My Son was in the distance and I spotted this lad looking straight at me (must have looked suspicious). I raised the camera, quickly focused and made the image.
I think this is one of better pics of late, and although it is very much a "grab" shot the composition works really well, the eye is immediately drawn to the boy with his trousers roilled up then the sweeping samd bank moves the eye to my stooping Son in the background. The overall "high key" feel to the image also helps.

Once again, it pays to have a camera with you - someone once said that you can't photograph memories.....

No comments: