Wednesday, January 18, 2012

10 Year Old Developer


Back in the darkroom after a lull of a few months where everything became "instant".
During our summer holiday to Skiathos I took just one camera, my Yashicamat 124G twin lens reflex TLR, loaded with Ilford FP4...keep it simple stupid is such a good mantra.
The daytime sun was very direct and contrasty but the FP4 handled it well enough (see picture of chair).
When I finally got round to developing this roll of film a week or so ago I realised I was out of my usual developer but found a 10 year old botttle of Agfa Rodinal. Now I have heard that this developer is long lasting, even when it looks like gravy brownings, which this did. Crossed my fingers, diluted 1:25 and 9 mins in the tank.
Printed under my Meopta Magnifax enlarger with a Companon 105mm lens onto Ilford MG rc paper.

The darkroom bug is back......

No comments: