Sunday, March 18, 2007

Camera Club Competitions


Moving away from Prague for a little while.
This shot was taken some time ago when I used to belong to Rayleigh Camera Club in Essex. I cannot for the life of me, remember where I was at the time of taking.
I remember the process of taking the picture though, would have been with my OM1 with a deep red filter - you can tell if you look at the odd bit of blue sky, the red filter turns blue to black by allowing more red to pass through it whilst holding back blue elements. (think that's the right way round).
A wide angle low viewpoint specially designed to do well at our local camera club.
The main reason I no longer attend camera clubs is because of the on-going focus on competitions, competitions with Judges that have all read the same "how to judge competitions in camera clubs" book! - I soon realised what it was they liked and began churning out to a formula.
Bad news....
I still like the final printed image though.
Is it still like that at clubs?

No comments: