Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Puppets - Prague, January 2006


You really can't walk more than 100 yards in the Old Town without passing a shop selling these puppets. Some seem mass produced whilst others are clearly hand made and carry a handmade price to go with them.
I try to photograph this sort of detail, to try to convey an overall feeling of a place, never been much of one for grand views.
Been spending quite a bit of time in the darkroom over the last few weeks, mainly concentrating on these Prague photos. Been printing on to Resin Coated paper made by Ilford, I use a vertical print processor made by a fantastic UK company called Nova, this processor stays full of chemicals between printing sessions and all I need to do is switch on it's built in heaters to bring it all up to temperature.
When I have an image that I'm happy with I print on to 12X16 Fibre Paper.
Enough of the nerdy stuff.
More soon...

No comments: